Once you’ve had Waddle Exteriors install beautiful new Iowa replacement windows in your home, you’ll want to keep them looking their best. But kids, pets and exposure to the elements can quickly dim the view out new windows, and dirt and grime can interfere with smooth operation. Follow these easy tips to keep vinyl frames and glass clean and functioning like new.
- Begin by wiping away loose dirt with a soft cloth or a soft bristle brush.
- Gently scrub frames and sills with soapy water to remove dirt. For tougher dirt and stains, use a mild household cleaner. Avoid abrasive cleaners, chlorine bleach and solvents as they could mar the surface of the vinyl or the glass. Never use metal scrub pads or sharp metal objects to clean or remove residue from a window.
- To efficiently clean glass, apply soapy water or window cleaning solution with a soft cloth. Wipe in a circular motion, moving from the top of the window to the bottom. If desired, use a squeegee to remove water. Finish by wiping away streaks with a clean, dry cloth.
- Avoid cleaning windows in the hot sun, which can cause cleaning solution to streak and spot.
- Avoid cleaning windows with a high-pressure washer. Doing so could damage components, promote water infiltration and even void some window warranties!
By properly caring for your Iowa replacement windows, you’ll ensure decades of problem-free enjoyment. For more advice on caring for Iowa vinyl windows, call Waddle Exteriors at (877) 733-6400. We can answer any questions you might have.